Keeping your oily skin moisturized in the Winter can be a challenge for most of us. Whether you have dry, oily, or a combination of both, your skin needs the proper treatment to stay in good condition. It’s critical to adapt a skin care routine for your type of skin.
As the weather changes from warm, to chilly, to cold the Winter brisk air harms the texture of your skin.
Luckily, we have you covered with 5 recommended tips for oily skin during the Winter months.
- Moisturize well daily. One of the biggest mistakes is not adding moisture to your skin on a daily basis. Yes, even people with oily skin have to moisturize daily. It will not produce extra oil just because you have oily skin. We recommend Cetaphil – Moisturizing Cream (For dry & sensitive skin) choose the heavy cream version. To better your results, use a light sunscreen to protect the skin and Cetaphil cream.
2. Deep clean your skin. Before applying your moisturizing cream, be sure to use a deep cleansing wash for oily skin. We recommend Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser which produces a thick foaming lather that really deep cleans your pores. Also, after a long day of being outdoors, your skin gets exposed to air pollutants, smells, different types of toxins, etc. So a deep cleaning is necessary when all these impurities sink into your pores.
Bonus: Download our 25 Best Beauty Hacks For Fall Winter Season
3. Drink some Tea. Especially, Green Tea which has a ton of antioxidants that helps revive the skin. It also fights free radicals, helps with allergies, helps prevent cancer, and so much more. Considered by many health professionals as the healthiest drink on the planet for many reasons.
Adding honey and lemon slice can increase the benefits. After you cup, suck on the lemon to help remove dead skin cell from your lips.
4. Vitamin C is not just for colds. Increasing your intake of vitamin C also lightens pigmentation and brightens over all skin tone. Vitamin C slows the process of free radicals that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles.
5. Exfoliate like a God or Goddess. Our best advice it to exfoliate at least 2 times per week. Exfoliating any more will begin to irritate the skin. This removes the very top layer of skin cells to allow new fresh skin to grow. If you ever see someone with slightly scaly skin even though they moisturize regular is because they do not exfoliate. Just like any other skin on your body dead cells need to be removed.
Exfoliating is also awesome for acne scars and hyperpigmentation of the skin. Your oily skin will be brighter, better toned, and weather ready. We recommend a few good products to use when exfoliating.
So now for our top choices Cosmedicine Medi-Morphosis Self-Adjusting Exfoliator, The Body Shop Seaweed Pore-Cleansing Facial Exfoliator, or Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. These are top of the line products for awesome skin exfoliation.
Keeping your oily skin in top shape during the Winter months is not as difficult as you might think. It’s all about a skin regimen to stay on track. Keep in on a weekly basis and thank us later!